Since 1921 the Place for Family Fun!
Like us on Facebook today!
We welcome you to enjoy
A Day in the Park
Morrisons Cove Memorial Park encompasses 21 acres within the borough of Martinsburg. It was founded in 1915 when a group attending the Brown family picnic decided the area called Snyder's Grove would be a beautiful place for a park. In 1921 the Park elected its first Board of Directors and in 1922, the Park was officially incorporated and dedicated, “To commemorate the valor and heroic deeds of the brave soldiers of Morrisons Cove of all the wars in which the United States has participated, and to provide a public center for civic and moral instruction, recreation, amusement and promotion of athletic sports for all the people of Morrisons Cove.”
In 1934 a multipurpose facility was erected to accompany indoor activities. In 1979 the facility was razed and the present recreational community complex was erected. The Park is a non-profit (501 C-3) corporation that is supported by the hard work and financial generosity of the community.
Within the Park you will find:
· The Huntsman Bowling Center and snack bar - a computerized ten lane bowling center.
· multi-purpose gymnasium - the only skating rink in Blair County. It can be rented for skating parties, basketball, volleyball or soccer, and includes a batting cage.
· The Weaver Banquet Facility that seats 200.
· The Hershberger Memorial Pool - a heated outdoor swimming pool with two waterslides and a wading pool. Day and season passes are available as well as swim lessons and Swim Team.
· Six picnic pavilions.
· Camping sites with limited hookups for electric and water.
· The Acorn Cove Play Park - maintained and financially supported by the community.
· Various affiliates are also located within the Park complex such as the Community Library and IU8 classrooms.
· A great place to meet friends and gather the family.
· Facilities are alcohol free, and accommodate those with physical limitations.
· Affordable fees.
· Events and programs that appeal to all ages.
Celebrate your next special occasion at the Park. Contact us soon at 814-793-2176 or email@example.com to plan your event!
Come spend a day or two with us. We look forward seeing you at the Park!
Click here to see How You Can Help The Park